Financial Assistance Resources
Unemployment Benefits finder from CareerOneStop.org
Credit Card Payment Relief (different credit cards are offering different types of relief)
Federal Student Loan Repayment temporary relief
Coronavirus Federal Stimulus
- Specifically for PEOPLE WHO AREN’T TYPICALLY REQUIRED TO FILE A TAX RETURN
- Social Security and Railroad Retirement recipients who are not typically required to file a tax return need to take no action. The IRS will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 and Form RRB-1099 to generate Economic Impact Payments of $1,200.00 to these individuals even if they did not file tax returns in 2018 or 2019. Recipients will receive these payments as direct deposit or by paper check, just as they would normally receive their benefits. Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) recipients are also part of this group who don’t need to take action.
- For Social Security, Railroad retirees and SSDI who have qualifying children, they can take an additional step to receive $500.00 per qualifying child.
- There are other individuals such as low-income workers and certain veterans and individuals with disabilities who aren’t required to file a tax return, but they are still eligible for the Economic Impact Payments. Taxpayers can check the IRS.gov tool – Do I Need to File a Tax Return? – to see if they have a filing requirement.
- If you don’t have to file, use the “Non-Filers Enter Payment Here” application to provide simple information so that you can get your payment.